Sunday, February 21, 2010

Homecoming

Lily came home yesterday. She had been in the hospital on antibiotics for 10 days. Shortly after her birth, they found Group B Strep infection in her blood culture. I've provided this link because it is a really nasty infection that pregnant women need to take seriously (I didn't really until now). I was unable to be treated before delivery because I had her 25-30 minutes after arriving at the hospital (a total of 70 minutes in labor).

This past week and half has been an emotional roller coaster. It is so unnatural to leave the hospital without your baby. Combine this with postpartum hormones and trying to balance time with sick baby at hospital and well toddler at home and you get one messy mama.

But here's the good news. Because God does work for the good of those who love Him...

We have AMAZING family and friends. So many people helped out and for every person that helped, there were twice as many that we didn't even get to take up on their offers. THANK YOU to everyone who not only lended a hand, but left us encouraging texts, e-mails and facebook messages and, most importantly, prayed for Lily and our family.

The special care nursery staff at St. Luke's were awesome. They loved and cared for our little Lily so well. Not that they read this blog, but I want to especially remember Mary (our admitting nurse and the one who prayed with us after we found out about the infection) and Renee, our favorite nursery nurse that brought such light to the day when we visited.

I was reminded (again) what a wonderful husband I have. He was so loving and patient when I was melting down and gently reminded me of the goodness of the Lord and the people in our lives when I was irrationally throwing myself in a pit of despair.

Weston has been such a trooper. What can I say...he's a great kid. He's just rolled with the punches for the most part.

And, most obviously, we brought home a healthy little girl yesterday. Praise God for His answer to prayer and healing to sweet Lily.



















6 comments:

  1. Praise God! She is beautiful. I LOVE her cheeks! So happy you can all be together now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad she is home and well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Beth I am so happy she is home and doing well! God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeeeee!!!! she is so cute! praise GOD she is healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hooorraay friend! Lily is beautiful, and I'm so glad she's home and healthy! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete