Monday, December 14, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Things are movin' and shakin' around here...literally. Kurt and I just moved down to the basement which did not prove to be a simple task. Let's just say a set of box springs may or may not have been beaten to death this past weekend.

The house is slightly chaotic and it is very different living in the basement. I have shed some tears and fallen into discouragement, so it is good to post these pictures from THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS. Two things that I have not been in the last couple of days are thankful and focused on the Lord Jesus. So, here's to reigning in emotions and bringing it back to the IMPORTANT things in life...

Unfortunately, we forgot our camera at the Doolittle Thanksgiving and Bethel Thanksmus, but here's one from Thanksgiving at Kurt's mom's house with his sister's family...


At my parents house, my favorite highlight was Jesse (my brother's 1 year old son) trying to mount Weston's back and Weston, in confusion, repeating "big hug, big hug, big hug."

We also cut down our first tree the day after Thanksgiving. So much fun!

Weston enjoyed a tasty cookie during his chariot ride to the tree lot and we found the cutest little tree. Kurt very creatively tied it to the top of our car and we prayed our way down HWY 44 that it would make it home.





This could possibly be in my top ten favorite pictures of my husband. I can't put my finger on why, but doesn't he look so ding dang handsome?

And a good family shot that would make a nice Christmas card if I were sending out any this year (please look for baby announcement instead)...


There are many, many things to be thankful for in the Bethel family. First and foremost, a little baby sent by a most merciful God for a magnificent redemption. Weston calls him "Dedad". Not sure where those "d's" came from, but it sure is cute. Pics of him and his Little People nativity to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment