Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dedad


We got Weston a "Little People" nativity set this year for Christmas and gave it to him early (obviously) so he could enjoy it and we could to talk about the Christmas story. I know he's young, but it's never too early, right? He does have a little confusion about Jesus (who I mentioned earlier he calls "Dedad"). For example, after talking about the Baby Jesus, he pointed to MY belly the next day and said "Dedad". Not quite...if only I had that kind of favor with the Lord :)




Two days ago, we busted out the nativity and I got his Jesus Storybook Bible out thinking I would read him the story and play the little characters in the manger. Yeah right, that lasted about 5 seconds. He loves to flip back to the story of Noah's Ark and look at all the animals and say, "Where'd the hippo go?" However, my heart melted, when he happened to flip to the page with Jesus on the cross. He stared at it a few moments and then said, "Oh shad (sad)!" Not ready with a great reply I mustered, "Yes, he was sad, but he was also very happy to die for us." I love this kid.


1 comment:

  1. Lucy and I just looked at the pics and loved them. Lucy and Gus LOVE their Little People nativity set. When we first got it Baby Jesus went missing for a few days. Eventually we found him wrapped up in blanket in Lucy's baby bed. So precious. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete