Friday, October 14, 2011

Blog to Book

I started this blog a little over two years ago with the purpose of documenting our days and making this into a book each year (in lieu of my nonexistent scrap booking skills). Well, I finally got the kick in the rump I needed to do it when I found a Groupon to Blurb, one of a few companies who "slurps" your blog into a book (still leaving much of the work to you to my dismay!). It's not always easy to find time to blog, but after making this...


...I'm so glad I've disciplined myself to update this regularly. I learned a lot making this book and I'll do it differently next year (including not cramming the creation into the 3 days prior to the coupon expiring). I also learned how I can blog better so it will fit more easily into a book format.

Someday I'd like to move up from point and shoot land to a nicer SLR camera...and learn how to actually take pictures (can you tell I'm not getting tutorials from my best friend?!). But I think this little place will grow in many ways through the years and for now I'm doing the best I can with the time and resources given to me in this season.

Grateful for...

#74 A family to create a blog/book about

#75 The sanctification of parenting

#76 Sunny, wind blowing leaves everywhere day


No comments:

Post a Comment