Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Apple Pickin'

I've never been apple picking in my thirty-one years of life until a few weeks ago when we went with some dear friends. Friends whose daughter happens to be Weston's Prom Date 2024. Here they are holding hands within seconds of greeting one another...

As it turns out, apple picking is pretty Lily friendly. There's just not much trouble you can get into in an apple orchard!



The group consensus ranked Golden Delicious as the favorite.


Sweetest. Face. Ever. Don't lie, you want to scrunch those cheeks right through your computer screen...


Happy husband and wife. I may or may not have had a hand in getting us turned around in East St. Louis on the way there. He was not a happy husband then...



Much to my surprise, Weston followed Sophie on a first ever pony ride adventure.


He did great! Didn't even want me walking beside the pony.


Later he told me he wanted to ride a horse because ponies can't run and he wants to ride a running horse. We'll see about that Mr. Serious Cowboy...


Apple picking is definitely a do again for next year! Thanks friends for a great time!

1 comment:

  1. That was your first time apple picking?! I thought I knew you. Marlie's first pony ride was there. Her horse was Pepper. Its weird I remember that but I lost my phone 8 times today.

    ReplyDelete