Friday, July 29, 2011

Dinner Relief

My mom and I have been talking about how nice it is to have two cooks in the household. We each get a break from cooking some nights, my parents get carry out less, we sous chef for each other and have someone to share dish duty.

I love that I'm learning more about cooking from my mom and she loves that I try new recipes (mainly because she's such a good cook that she hasn't really needed to try new things).

I did a Linda style dinner the other night when they were out of town. My mom frequently takes leftover roasted potatoes (which we have a lot) and creates a stack up involving an over easy/medium egg. We had leftover potatoes and seasoned steak from this recipe, so I put them together with the egg and chopped fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese


Delicious and fast! I love that something as easy as potatoes and an egg can be the base of yummy dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! What a fantastic leftovers idea! And so simple. I'm definitely going to use this.

    ReplyDelete