Monday, August 15, 2011

Water Buffalo

We already know Weston is a big animal lover. We have lots of these animals. Many purchased by Papa, but a lot by Kurt and I. They are pricey little guys, but I tell you what: When given a new one of these, Weston will play with it for two days straight. Kurt and I joke that there's no need for fancy gifts here, just one of these animals. They are real looking, well made and I'm pretty sure they would make it through a natural disaster, so they're definitely toddler/preschool proof.

The other day I was at Target solo and, thinking of him, strolled down the aisle where they sell them. They must be discontinuing because they were like 80% off! They only had baby raccoons and water buffalo left so I went with the water buffalo. Kind of random, but for $1.74, whatever.

When I gave it to him, he started jumping up and down and then ran to show everyone in the house. Funny thing is, random or not, he knew exactly what it was.

He then desperately wanted to watch video clips of water buffalo. Here he is, squeaky clean after a bath, glued to the computer...


He makes me laugh. And smile. And I love that there's a special place in his animal loving heart for a water buffalo.
...
Grateful for

#54 a weekend of lounging on land and water with delicious food and great friends

#55 husband who can hold the fort

#56 cool weather after brutal heat

#56 snuggling infants

#57 napping preschooler

1 comment:

  1. Cute story! I miss that kiddo and all his animal toys.

    ReplyDelete