Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Long Dress

On the way home from the store today, Weston asked, "Mom, where's your long dress?"

"What long dress buddy?"
"The one you wore when you got married."
"It's at home in the closet."
"Can I see it."
"Sure...what made you think about mommy's wedding dress?"
"Because, when you were getting married, I was at home waiting for you."

I love the complete, yet confident, irrationality of a three year old.

So we got home and I dug into the closet and showed him a peek of the dress through the bag.

Here it was 6 years ago...


I showed him my veil and, of course, he wanted to know how you wear a veil and I put it on. He asked if I would wear it for lunch... and I said, "Why not?!"


Things like this make me smile and cherish the days where he wonders about such random things and gets a kick out of me cooking up lunch in a veil. I can't imagine when he's sixteen that he'll think this is so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment