Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Meet Hershey

So really this post should be about the fact that we just moved this weekend, but I can't really wrap my mind around that post yet, so I'm writing about Hershey instead.

Meet Hershey. The dog I have walked with my children for over two years.



We started when Weston was not quite one and have walked him twice a week ever since. Through beautiful days, hot days, cold days, very pregnant days...it has been a weekly adventure. I'm a creature of habit, so we take the same route every time. We watch houses go for sale, pumpkins arrive on porches, then Christmas decorations, then the planting of flowers. Sometimes we go to the playground first and have lunch. Sometimes we end up driving there because we've been running errands.



I think it's been an awesome thing for the kids. I would go on walks with them anyway, but maybe not as long and probably not on the days when the weather is not grand. Even at three, Weston understands that it's our "job" and that we're responsible for Hershey and we have to do it even when he doesn't feel like it. He can stay in the stroller for almost an hour which I think is pretty good for a three year old. This does require me to answer approximately 184 questions in that time span, but when else would I take the time to describe all the details of pruning bushes to a preschooler? And Lily just takes it easy in the back, points to everything inquisitively and tries to throw her shoes out the sides.

And sometimes snoozes...


We're going to miss ol' Hershey. I mean, both of my kids' third word was "dog". I'm not really a dog person, so the fact that I'm getting all sappy over one is pretty significant. So long little canine friend...

Grateful for...

#24 Hershey dog

#25 Crazy awesome family and friends that helped and encouraged and prayed for us through the move.

#26 A husband who knows me

#27 My ever so gracious and generous parents


No comments:

Post a Comment