Thursday, February 3, 2011

Not So Snowpocolypse

The entire city of St. Louis shut down this week for the predicted snow blizzard of the century only to have an inch of ice and couple inches of snow. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't great weather and we surely stayed in a couple of days, but a bread and ice melt shortage was probably unnecessary.

Kurt worked from home for two days which was super great. Its just nice to have company during the day and an extra pair of hands for diaper explosions from kiddos on antibiotics. I REALLY need to gear up my energy for potty training attempt two.

Considering we were already holed in the past two weeks with various illnesses, the prospect of being holed in another couple of days due to weather was unappealing to say the least. I must say, though, we kept ourselves pretty busy...

bath painting...



snuggling...



making Valentine cookies...


Snuggling and making Valentine cookies...


We got one of the themed "bins" from the library (which if you haven't done, please do so ASAP) and this one was on counting and had a great floor puzzle and some cool games and books too.

Somehow with Kurt home, I gave myself more freedom to curl up with my book or stare out the window at nap time. Note to self: Do more frequently. Yes, Mom and Erin, I know you tell me this all the time :)

Lily took advantage of the time at home to go ahead and start walking. What?! Little girl, you are NOT EVEN turning 1 next week. I can't handle it. So much so that I don't have a single thing planned. No big birthday bash, just us chickens celebrating our special girl here at home. It's the kind of mood we're in and as someone just told me, "a first birthday party is really for the parents anyway." I don't think she'll mind. Or remember for that matter. Can you tell I'm still convincing myself? Please encourage me that my daughter is not going to be scarred for life. A party is not a reflection of the immense amount of love I have for this sweet baby, right?

I WILL post pictures of Miss Thing being her little one year old self though...stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. did someone say cookies????

    nina had two first birthday parties and you know what came of it??? constipation because my best friend gave her a tub of icing when i wasn't looking!! really. skip the bash. intimate parties are better anyway......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth! I found your blog through Kurt's facebook page. Hope you don't mind me reading it. Lily and Weston are both getting so big! We haven't seen the Bethels in way too long I guess! :)
    Anyway, the first birthday I remember having was when I was 5 or so. And I was the first child AND grandchild on both sides so you KNOW a big deal was made of my earlier ones. Lily won't be scarred; she'll be surrounded by the ones who love her the most!!

    ReplyDelete