Friday, January 28, 2011

Hats Make Things Better

Pneumonia victim or Future Firefighter of America? I think you can guess which one goes over better in this household.



We have to liven things up a bit for this treatment to be "cool"...otherwise the mask suspiciously is removed.



And I love a kids who makes things happen...here he figured out that he could indeed still suck his thumb...



All fun put aside, let's be real. The New Year has kicked off by kicking us in the rear. In ways too numerous and personal to bother listing, but two double ear infections and pneumonia were the icing on an already frosted cake. This morning was a bit rough and despite my best efforts, I found myself teetering on the brink of sanity. Before I put Weston down for his nap, we were apologizing to each other (again) and he said to me, "When we're angry and sad, we still love each other." God bless that precious child...even when I want to throw him out the window.

And then I read this in the silence of a sleeping house and felt gratitude swell:

"He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11

Ah, God is near and He knows.

3 comments:

  1. Poor Friend. I will pray for a quick and complete and speedy recovery for all. And that your sanity, if lost, is quickly found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's handling that nebulizer way better than nina ever did. all she did was scream and cry and made it a fruitless effort....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you girl. Even when you want to throw your kids out the window. Especially in fact...

    ReplyDelete