Thursday, September 23, 2010

Confessions of Motherhood

The following things have happened in the last couple months:

I drove home from the park with Weston not strapped into his car seat (scary!).

I let Lily sleep in a poopy diaper (this is a long story, but involved her waking in the middle of her nap and me not realizing she had a dirty diaper until I had patted her back to sleep).

I had the thought that I could be that mom on the 10 o'clock news that is missing for a week and when they found me I would be holed in a local hotel just sleeping for seven days straight.

I served Weston chocolate cake for breakfast.

I ripped a pair of Lily's pajamas in the middle of the night because the zipper was stuck and she was wailing.

I told Weston a piece of toffee chocolate I was eating had coffee in it so I wouldn't have to share it (toffee...coffee...same thing, right!? Bad. I feel guilty.)

I found a ziploc bag of some unidentified purple substance in the bottom of my diaper bag. It's been in there so long I will never have even the foggiest memory of what it is.

Weston said to me while I was wiping his face from breakfast, "Mom, you're kinda driving me crazy." (where did he learn that?!)

I am so in need of and thankful for God's grace and mercy each day because being a mom is the hardest thing I've done in life so far. And most certainly the best.

Here they are...they don't seem any worse for wear.

1 comment:

  1. And this is why I love you my friend. Thanks for making me feel normal instead of crazy!

    ReplyDelete