Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pioneer Woman

This past week, I attended my first book signing. It was a cookbook, which doesn't make me sound as scholarly, but that's okay. If you haven't heard of The Pioneer Woman, you can read about her here.




I heard about her through my friend Erin and then I told my sister about her, so the three of us journeyed downtown to meet her at Christ Church Cathedral.



As it turns out, almost 400 other people also made this trek. It was a full house, but worth the trip. She was just as funny as she is on her blog and I got to ask her personally about her favorite type of cowboy boots (I've been itching for a pair).


Four hours later, we got our cookbooks signed...


I must say the Sour Cream Pancakes were scrumptious this morning and I'm making her enchiladas tonight!

P.S. In case you're wondering if I've sharpened my camera skills this week, I have not. In my typical fashion, I left without my camera that night. I had to leave it to my professional photographer Erin to capture the evening (which is probably for the better).

No comments:

Post a Comment