Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fall Favorites

This Fall has flown by and hasn't had the usual "festiveness" that usually comes with my FAVORITE time of year. We had a lot of rain, my sweet, sweet, husband has been slaving away at our garage which has left less fun, family weekend time and, in general, I just haven't felt the surge of Autumn spirit I usually get during this season. I started to throw myself a pity party about this and then decided that it would be much better to sit down with a hot cup of cocoa made with Weston's whole milk and think about all the really GREAT things that have already happened this Fall and redeem the last couple of weeks we have left with a new attitude.

These pictures are from Girls' Weekend in early October. Erin and Amy are some of my dearest friends and we like to get together overnight a few times a year.


The weekend included dinner at Crepes in the City, going to see my cute husband play guitar and sing with his friend B.J at a coffeeshop, hitting Soulard Farmer's Market for apples and pumpkins, antique shopping, then making caramel apples, apple pie, pumpkin bars and eating chili snuggled on a couch. Also included was intermittent magazine reading, lots of laughing, and good talks.

Rock star Kurt...


Weston has fully enjoyed describing the season's notable items with his new vocabulary. My favorites are "mucka" for pumpkin and "weeb" for leaf. It strikes a heart string every time he says them and I mourn Autumn being over because these words will be history. This time next year he'll know the dictionary with correct pronunciation.

This was the first Halloween that Weston (a.k.a. Tigger) was really old enough to trick-or-treat. We went with his B.F.F., Marlie (a.k.a. hip train engineer), and hit a block or so of houses. Is it wrong that we just ate the candy and didn't give him any? He didn't really know any different. Weston, if you're reading this decades from now, I'm sorry. From here on out, you will have all rights to your candy bag.











He mainly loved running down the sidewalks and greeting all of the other kiddos with his friendly "HI!". The steps up to the porches were a challenge...those short little legs just aren't quite there yet. It gave us a taste of many more fun Halloweens to come.

So, Fall 2010, you haven't been a total bust. Fun has been had in the past 2 months, as well as two spice candles and a couple of pumpkin lattes. And I have everything set out for Weston and I to rake leaves when he wakes up...

1 comment: