Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Grant's Farm

We made our first trek to Grant's Farm this year. Since I dislike paying the $12 for parking, I park down the trail and we walk to the farm. I underestimated the length of that "little" jaunt and just brought the umbrella stroller thinking that Weston would be able to walk. That resulted in me carrying one child and pushing another in the dead heat of noon on our way back after having to do some backtracking to see the Clydesdale horses. Bummer. Weston kindly called me out suggesting, "Mom you should have brought the red stroller (our double)". Despite Momma needing a nap afterwards, we had a great time.


Lily actually agreed to the carousel for the first time!


Lily was especially "mothering" to the baby goats

Weston wanted me to get a picture of all the animals!


 

We also saw the bird show which Weston loved. His focus and and attention to those kind of things is so fun to watch. Lily stayed "sort of" close and didn't run off "too far" and I felt a bit more at ease and able to enjoy the park with them than last year. Maybe we'll visit again before the season's over. With the red stroller, of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment