Monday, April 16, 2012

Sweetest Things

I let the kids out into the backyard after lunch while I cleaned up. I looked out to check on them and was struck, first of all, by how quiet it was and, second, by the the sweetness of these little ones...

Weston had taken his sketch pad outside with his roll of crayons and was drawing a picture of Papa and his new boat. It was complete with the boat's sparkly paint finish, a mouse under the boat, and the stones Papa put behind the trailer wheels to keep it from rolling. I admire his attention to detail!


Lily, in a rare moment of stillness, had set her chairs up and was sitting next to "Cat", just quietly daydreaming into the yard.


Lest you think all of our moments are this peachy cream, I assure you, they are not. But these little snapshots remind me of how grateful I am to be at home with these little guys and will be a nice pick-me-up on days not quite so calm and peaceful!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet. That picture of Lily and Cat is too much! I'm glad Westie is enjoying his crayon roll.

    ReplyDelete