Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Come

Is it just me or did Christmas just fly by us? Not exactly the speed I like for Christmas...I like to soak it in more than watch it whiz by and leave a pile of recycling. Not that it wasn't good, it was!

Weston and I got the chance to go see the musical "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" with some friends at the Peabody Opera House . Very fun and Weston even took to the scary Grinch saying, "He's just wearing a costume, right?"

We decided to have a "hands on" tree this year and allow the kids to play with the (non-breakable) ornaments at the bottom of the tree. I'm not sure it was a great idea...our tree took quite a beating and was a bit saggy by Christmas. I'm thinking next year we'll have a special "kid tree"!




I've been working part-time at Williams-Sonoma this holiday season which has been a nice outlet for me away from home, but perhaps added a little to the craziness of the season.

Weston, however, picked up a full time job. Crafting. I've never seen a kid who wanted to endlessly craft reindeer and snowmen as this child. I think he's picked it up from Mother's Day Out and lucky for us Nana provided plenty of crafting materials to sustain us through Christmas. One day, 15 minutes into the morning, as I rubbed my eyes and poured my first cup of coffee, Weston jumps up and down, "Can we do a craft? Can we do a craft?!" I just don't have as much enthusiasm for glue and glitter at 6:30 a.m., but it's been fun to watch him figure out directions and create interesting little projects!

We typically (and intentionally) get the kids three gifts each at Christmas. Lily's gifts included a tunnel to crawl through, a shopping cart and books.


Weston got a basketball hoop, a magnetic fishing set and books.


Merry Christmas! We enjoy celebrating the birth of a Savior, God with us, and savoring the innumerable blessings we have have in family and friends! Peace and hope to you blog readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment