Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sweetness

Although currently wrapping up a nap strike, Weston has had some serious sweet moments in the last week or so.

One of the things I never want to forget about him right now is how he has misunderstood the concept of "blowing a kiss". For Weston, it is not about sending a kiss from far away. It is a soft little kiss on the cheek and then he blows in your face. Just typing this, I am laughing out loud picturing his silly grin after he sends a gust of air that blows your hair back. He REALLY thinks this is what blowing a kiss is and it CRACKS me up. I, of course, have not corrected him.

Weston and I spend a great deal of time together. Everyday, all day and occasionally in the middle of the night. Nonetheless, lately when I've gone to the grocery store or out for a run, upon my arrival home he greets me as if we've been apart all day. I hope this means he enjoys my company.

This morning I dressed him in shorts because it is finally warm enough (Hallelujah and thank you Jesus). Apparently he's forgotten what shorts are because he kept pulling on the ends of them saying, "Can we scoot these down a bit?"



Then this afternoon when Kurt got home I quickly changed my clothes for an appointment and was running out the door when Weston yells to me, "Mommy, you look so pretty!" First of all, he doesn't even really use the word "pretty" so I don't know where it came from, and secondly, I was wearing a t-shirt and my hair was in pigtails.

Sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment