Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jesse Bear

My crafty, creative friend Allison led me to a book called Five in a Row which is basically reading activities for tots using already published books (you can buy or wisely visit your local library). Anyway, Jesse Bear What Will You Wear is the first book. You can read about Allison's experience here, but I also had to post about Jesse Bear because it was such a typical toddler activity progression.

We started here with the initial thought of playing a matching/sorting game of clothes on Jesse Bear (yes, I realize the shortcomings of my teddy bear making...cardboard is difficult to cut, yes?)





But then Weston wanted to color on the bear. Having worked perilously on the cardboard cut-out, I decided to trace a different one on construction paper for him to color. So here we are...



However,when I got into the craft drawer to get the construction paper, Weston saw our package of balloons. So now here we are...



From matching/sorting to balloons in less than ten minutes. That's pretty much how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment