Monday, August 2, 2010

Thirty

It's August! July flew right past me. Perhaps it's because I turned the big 3-0 and now the decade is flying by. I've been looking forward to turning 30 since I turned 25. I made two decisions at 25. One was that I was never going to be "in style" ever again and, two, was that when I turned 30 I would altogether stop caring what people thought of me. Lofty,eh?

But when I started to contemplate the work I needed to do this year in casting off the judgment of others, I came to this realization: Perhaps, I ALSO need to simultaneously mend my own judgmental attitudes. I may be doing it a different way than you would and you may be doing it a different way than I would, but we're all doing the best we can with what we know right now. And probably in the end, I'm not going to be everyone's "cup of tea" and that's okay. So world, as I navigate my thirties, please be gracious to me as I learn to also extend grace to you...especially you people who think it unnecessary to use your blinker :)

1 comment:

  1. B - happy belated birthday! please don't be too judgemental with your absent minded brother.

    love u,

    TD

    ReplyDelete