Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sidewalk Chalk Paint

I've been searching far and wide for inside and "close to home outside" things for Westie and I to do while Lily is taking her morning nap. I got this idea from a friend and it is super easy to concoct.



You make sidewalk paint chalk by mixing equal parts cornstarch and water and then several drops of your favorite food coloring.



We didn't even bother getting our "day" clothes on...we were out painting in our pajamas and waving goodbye to the neighbors as they left for work.



A few things I learned. Hefty paint brushes work best...no skimpy watercolor brushes. And sponge brushes work even better if you can keep your tot from mutilating them on the sidewalk.

We painted our hands and feet too make prints...



And when we were all done, we just poured out the rest of the paint and walked through it.



I'm always looking for ideas...what do you do during morning naptime?

1 comment:

  1. Well, I certainly don't have this much fun!

    ReplyDelete