Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Gone Fishin'

Fairly frequently during the week we head out bright and early to Noni and Papa's house and don't come home until bedtime. I love their company and the kiddos do too. It's always a great day.

Our daily activities vary, but usually involve at least one Mickey Mouse show with Papa and for sure a yummy lunch with plenty of cookies. I had to give my mom a hard time last week when she posed this question to Weston, "Would you like strawberries or a cookie?" C'mon Noni...that's a no brainer!

Last week, Weston was in for a special treat. It started with Papa turning a branch into a "fishing pole" for Weston by tearing off all the little branches so he wouldn't maul all of us on the porch. But then I saw the glimmer in Papa's eyes. "Weston, I bet if we could find some worms, we could go catch some fish!"

And so it began. First digging up the worms...







Then off to the neighborhood lake to catch some fish. Dad said Weston was more for catching and not so much for having anything to do with touching worms or fish. (I sent him with the camera so I could stay back with Lily)







I skipped the fileting process to spare you the guts, but here's Noni cookin' 'em up...



And Whala! You have a tasty fried fish appetizer!



Thank you Papa...you're the sweetest!

No comments:

Post a Comment