Friday, April 9, 2010

For Lunch...

Christmas was fairly easy to explain to Weston. I was pregnant, Christmas celebrated Baby Jesus' birth, etc. Not that his 20 month old mind comprehended the magnitude of it, but it was at least somewhat explainable. Easter is a whole nother ballgame and I contemplated even trying to explain it to him. At last I settled on the "Jesus went back home to heaven, so we could be in heaven too" approach...

W: "Jesus go home?"
M: "Yes, Jesus went back home to be with the Father"
W: "For lunch?"
M: "Well....not so much just for lunch"

Gotta love it.

Speaking of lunch, we had lots of lunch and treats Easter weekend. It's always great to have a reason to be with friends and family.

Often times I find myself getting more excited about things than Weston does. For example, I get REALLY excited to read our new library books each week. I want to read all of them as soon as we get home. That's how I felt this year about Weston's first Easter Egg Hunt. Last year he wasn't walking, or crawling for that matter, so there was no hunting. I was sad. So this year I was scoping out egg hunts a month prior. We settled on going out to my old stomping ground (my sister still lives there) and having brunch with my family afterwards.

You can imagine my panic when, after getting our car all packed up with 2 kiddos stuff, kiddos in car seats and...the car keys were left in the ignition the entire night. I won't mention any names, but there are two drivers in our family and it was not my responsible husband. After 3 attempts to jump, we unloaded kiddos back into the house and Super Kurt went to work. I was pacing inside thinking about how we could walk to the local Easter Egg Hunt at a park near our house. You would think that this was the last year of the egg hunting tradition by my crazed nature. Luckily Super Kurt got everything going just in the knick of time and we arrived with even a few minutes to spare. And he didn't even make me feel bad about it. What a guy.

So enough rambling, here are our sweet kids and sweet family...(P.S. I couldn't get two of them to rotate vertical...sorry for the neck craning)














Then Sunday, Kurt's family came over in the afternoon for more Easter and birthday festivities...



No comments:

Post a Comment