Wednesday, January 20, 2010

If you Give a Mouse a Cookie...

Most parents are familiar with the "If you give a _______ a ___________" books. We're a big fan of them around here, but actually did not own any of the books until Christmas. One of the books Weston received came with the stuffed animal. His sweet cousin Leah decided that the cookie-frenzied mouse's name was "Taco", so Weston has been calling him that ever since.

Our Parents As Teachers program had a "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie" night last week, so of course we had to go. During the storytime, Weston shouted "TACO!" "TACO!" "TACO!". Perhaps people thought he was mistaking cookies for tacos, but he was just excited to see his little mouse friend in the story.

They made little mouse puppets (And Weston decided to pose like he's in Kindergarten. What?! When did he stop looking like a baby?!)...



"I'm pretty sure this is just a bag with nothing in it.", he's thinking.



And, of course, they had to have cookies too...



The other great thing is that they always give you free books at these things, so we came home with a few new books. WINNER!

On the homefront, we're hanging in there. I think Weston definitely senses something is going down. I pray for his sweet little spirit to handle the transition well. I know he will love her, but it's going to be hard too. He's been giving her many hugs and kisses and is trying really hard to pronounce her (secret) name.

Maybe next time folks...

3 comments:

  1. He's so dang cute. He will be OK friend. He may be a little confused, but I'm pretty sure he has the greatest parents ever so I think he'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weston, you are a precious prince! You'll be a great big brother! I have a note for your sister:

    Dear Princess Girlie Bethel, I cannot wait for you to come into our world and meet your amazing family! I know your mom is very ready for you to arrive! But, I'm leaving town today, Princess, and if mom won't kill me for asking, could you relax a bit until Sunday? I want to see you at the earliest moment I can, and would hate to miss your big day! Just sit tight, don't kick mom a whole bunch, and I'll see you soon!
    With oodles of love and squishes, Auntie Robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Weston,
    You are such a precious little jelly bean. You're going to be a great big brother! Love you and your momma aand daddy!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete