Thursday, December 16, 2010

Just the Two of Us

About a month ago Kurt and I took a little weekend trip to Branson sans children. My parents have time share there and said, "Hey why don't you two get away for a weekend and we'll watch the kids?" To which we replied, "Okay!"

You probably think we took in a few Christmas shows on the strip and shopped our little hearts out at the outlet malls. We did not. You know why? We were sleeping. Rest was the theme of the weekend. In fact, I was so sleep deprived upon our arrival that I slept until 10 a.m. the next morning. The last time that occurred was 1996.

We did accomplish a few fun things during the waking hours. Like Kurt totally demolishing me at air hockey after I bragged about how great I was (however I DID do a pretty nice job with ski ball). We had some great BBQ for lunch at our favorite place down there. We had a business (read finance) meeting at this coffee shop with our laptop...


And had our favorite drinks at Macaroni Grill...


Kurt also sweetly endured me popping into a few shops, trying on clothes and telling me I looked cute.

It may sound boring, but it was AWESOME. We talked and laughed and did not change any diapers. Sometimes it is nice just to be "we". And I like us.

Of course, we were more than excited to return and see our other half. I think they got cuter while we were gone...or maybe it was just my vision adapting to adequate sleep.

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing for you guys! Sounds like a perfect trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad for your time together but I am dying to know what were the "favorite drinks?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite drink this side of the Mississippi is the "Leaning Bellini" at Macaroni Grill and Kurt loves their house chianti wine.

    ReplyDelete