Sunday, March 28, 2010

On the Seventh Day He Rested...

God rested after six days of creating everything. He must have been exhausted. He asks us to rest too. He knows we need it. Especially after six days of puking, pooping, cleaning puke, cleaning poop and various other things that added stress this past week. Many tears were shed...more by mama than the children. I am not good at resting, but today, I woke up to this...



...and I thought to myself, "Self, life is good, relax, simmer down (as my sister lovingly told me yesterday) and lighten up."

I am terrible at resting. I confess, laundry is still going today and I have my eye on the broom and mop, but the Lord has lifted the burden. A new perspective is gained when I place the life of this little household against the backdrop of the magnitude of God.

Lord, help me rest in Your Goodness.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet sister,
    My computer isn't showing the pic, but I certainly hope you are having a most peaceful day! Can't wait to see all on Saturday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome. You have survived nearly everything my friend. It was good to see you smile today. Soon we will be slurping slurpies while the kids play in the sprinkler. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete